Monday, April 23, 2012

and we remember

On Saturday our lovely Sketchcrawl North group spent the day drawing at the Imperial War Museum in Manchester. Well, Salford to be precise. It's a brilliant place for sketching. There are drawing opportunities around every corner. I absolutely must have visit again.

At the end of our sketchcrawls we gather to share our sketchbooks with each other. I was surprised how little I'd done (too much chopsing) but when I got home I pimped up the line drawings I'd sketched at the museum and produced two of the best journal spreads I've made in a long time. In my opinion, that is. This is not one of them. I'll post them together tomorrow. This Trabant is just a little taster.

To balance it out I also produced one of the worse drawings I've ever made, too. Funnily enough, I won't be posting that.

8 comments:

Stephen Hall said...

A great day Andrea, and you also produced one of the best drawings of a flame thrower I have ever seen. i feel blessed to have seen it if you don't post it! x

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oooof, now I know you are taking the mick. Would you kindly NOT mention that flame thrower. had a fab time. Hope you join us again x

Abi Goodman said...

Hello, great to meet you last Saturday. I thought I recognised your style (which is gorgeous btw) - it turns out I am already the proud owner of some cards of your work through Moo. Feel very privileged to have just met another idol. Brilliant, inspiring work.

CHRIS MURRAY said...

this is wonderful. I was in England recently and never went to a single museum because the weather was beautiful and actually, outside London feels like a big museum to me compared to newbie America.

Caroline B said...

Oh g'wan, show us your worst drawing and make the rest of us feel better!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, guys.

Abi, it was great to meet you too. your sketchbook was fabulous.

Chris, yes, I can see how London might look like one big old museum, can't believe you never went inside an actual one though!

Haha, Caroline, no way. In fact it won't exist for much longer. I've invested in a Pritt stick.

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

Unknown said...

I like how your wrote in the windows and filled up the space that way. What a nice composition. I like visiting your blog :) Have a great day!