Saturday, August 25, 2012

hanging out my old love letters

The problem with having lots of illustration work on is that all of one's own projects get pushed aside. Not that I'm complaining about having lots of work on. I live to draw. I did, however, take a little time out, from the paid work, to make this drawing above. I got the letter, and felt heart, through the mail the other day. It had to be drawn and I haven't finished with it yet. Nope, I just cannot resist Air Mail. And just to prove it, here are some of my old love letters...




13 comments:

bellefrogworks said...

Just lovely - glad you got some time to yourself.

Wooni said...

these are beautiful! The heart makes me think of the swedish christmas hearts.

mo said...

i was cleaning out an old desk drawer yesterday and hiding in the back, for probably 15 years or so, was a packet of air mail envelopes. nobody uses them anymore, but my heart still skips a beat when i see them ;)

Genine said...

AWESOME SKETCH!, and crazy, i recently printed a tutorial to make that heart.

iHanna said...

You draw letters in a way that makes me want to write a letter or go through old ones... SO beautiful.

Katy said...

I love all of your work so much, especially as it is so inspired by the beautiful Peak District, which I am totally in love with myself. I have just qualified as an art teacher and am starting my first job in Chesterfield next week, I have used your work so much already to inspire my students and love how you capture moments so beautifully...

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, Wooni, this was a Danish chistmas heart?

Katy, that is nice to know.

Cheers, girlies.

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

Awww! How lovely!

Mariana said...

WOW.

alessandro valente said...

This style is wonderfulllllll

www.woodpasha.com

alessandro valente said...

This style is wonderfulllllll

www.woodpasha.com

ann ernandez said...

i love this series <3

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.